Updated: 4th March 2022
Further to a recent Trustees’ meeting following recommendations from our Risk Assessment Team, we are pleased to confirm that existing COVID requirements for ABC church activities or use of the premises have been reduced significantly.
- There will now be no requirement for the wearing of masks at any point in the service, or afterwards. However, bearing in mind our mixed community and inlove for one another, and consideration of safety for one another, we would ask the following:-
- All those participating on the platform on Sundays will continue to take a Lateral Flow Test. All Members of the congregation will be encouraged to continue to take a Lateral Flow Test, (if possible), prior to attending on Sundays, for the time being.
- Current level of ventilation to remain, including over the course of refreshments or a meal in the room(s) used.
- Supplies of masks, hand sanitisation, cards blocking seats for social distancing will continue to be available.
- If you experience any symptom or feel unwell that may suggest a COVID-19 infection, we would request that you do not attend the service in person.
- For those who wish to continue wearing masks, an area will be set aside on the left-hand side of the church specifically for those wishing to wear masks and this will become a dedicated mask only wearing area.
- In addition, those wishing to wear masks, may also choose to sit with those who are not wearing masks in the middle block and right-hand side block as we look at the platform.
- Refreshments will continue to be served in the lounge.
- Communion to be distributed in the manner before the pandemic, except that communion bread will be pre-prepared into individual pieces for distribution. Individual communion packs will continue to be available should you prefer, as you enter the church.
- Collection plate will also continue to be available on the side table.
These recommendations will continue to be monitored through the month of March and there will be an opportunity at our next Church Members’ Meeting on Wednesday 30 March 2022 to discuss these further.
The ABC Leadership Team and COVID-19 Risk Assessment Team would like to thank everyone for their co-operation and understanding over the extended time of COVID restrictions. It has been much appreciated.
We would also draw your attention to the privacy notice in how we deal with your personal data. Please note that when you provide your personal details, you are consenting to it being used in line with our current Privacy Notice.
May the sovereign, compassionate and almighty God hold us all in the palm of his hand, and may we uphold one another in our prayers.
Yours in Christ,
The ABC Leadership Team